Re: Re The image of Transhumanism

From: Dan Clemmensen (Dan@Clemmensen.ShireNet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 18:35:18 MDT

Brian D Williams wrote:

> From: ChuckKuecker <ckuecker@mcs.net>
>
> >>Start a list that distributes pictures of flower arrangements,
> >>or computer-generated faux-impressionist paintings, or some other
> >>very busy pictures on a boring theme. Hide your actual messages
> >>inside the pictures after encrypting your message.
>
> >Does software exist to do this kind of cryptography? I have read
> >stories that uses such schemes. If such exists, I would be
> >interested in getting a copy to play with.
>
> Yes it does exist, the key search word here is "steganography" a
> Mac version was built by our own Romana Machado.

Interestingly, there is a lot of current work in the related field of
"watermarking." Watermarking is a way to put an indelable, unobtrusive
identification into a digitized movie. It's part of the movie industry's
attempt to defend their intelectual property rights in the DVD era.
Sounds like king Canute to me, but they take it seriously.