Re: Consciousness/Uploading

From: Bryan Moss (bryan.moss@dial.pipex.com)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 11:21:39 MDT

Randall R. Randall wrote:

> > I feel like I exist, but I'm hardly likely to
> > feel like I don't exist.
>
> No, but considered against all objects on earth,
> you are *very* likely not to feel anything at
> all, which is the alternative to feeling like
> you exist.

If I didn't exist I wouldn't feel like I didn't
exist, I wouldn't feel at all. The point that I'm
making is that there is dedicated logic in my
brain that makes me feel certain things for
certain very good reasons. Some philosophers argue
that there is a "spark" of consciousness that
makes me feel like I exist. But I believe that
there is no consciousness in that sense, instead
the feeling of existence is product of feeling
itself.

BM