Re: Let's do an FAQ! (was: The image of transhumanism)

From: Nick Bostrom (bostrom@ndirect.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 17:12:16 MDT

Greg Burch wrote:

> Note that some of these questions have been addressed fairly well in the FAQs
> you'll find at Alcor's and Extropy Institute's web sites.

Yes, we will probably be able to use a lot of that when we try to
develop some good answers (say next week). What I have in mind is a
general FAQ for transhumanism, which will have to be somewhat
different from an FAQ for cryonics or extropianism. Part of the
result can then also be used to update the extropians FAQ, as Max
suggests. For the extropian version we may want to modify some of the
answers that deals with the political and economical aspects of
transhumanism.

Nick Bostrom
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method
London School of Economics
n.bostrom@lse.ac.uk
http://www.hedweb.com/nickb