Re: Dodge City/was Re: The End of Privacy?

From: EvMick@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 11:57:01 MDT

It was written...perhaps erroneously.......

> I don't think
> that NYC has five murders per every hundred thousand.

You don't?

I've noticed that some memes have a very...VERY strong hold. Relegious memes
for example...or the anti-gun meme. Facts make very little impression on
those who are infected by that meme.

For example...it has already been metioned that when gun profliferation
increases among the populace as a whole that violent crimes decrease. This is
documented...repeatable...and is not subject to doubt. The phrase "An armed
society is a polite society"...has basis in fact. It happens every time. Well
this is in contradiction to the antigun meme...so it gets ignored.

"Don't bother me with facts...my mind is made up".

How do you combat such highly infectious mind destroying memes?

EvMick