Re: The image of transhumanism

From: promixr@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 04:10:45 MDT

I find it helpful to talk about some 'exotic' technology in conjunction
with a present technology that was considered exotic in the recent past.

For instance, I was talking to a family member about a recent article I
read on one company's research into bioimplants of personal computers. I
jokingly stated that I would be the first on line to receive such an
implant. He said I was crazy and didn't think it would ever happen. I
had him recall watching StarTrek as a child and how exotic personal
handheld communicators seemed back then. Now even he is getting a
cell-phone!