Re: Re: Glass music and related...

From: Bryan Moss (bryan.moss@dial.pipex.com)
Date: Sat Jul 04 1998 - 08:38:53 MDT

Anders Sandberg wrote:

> It might turn out that we need to tune the music
> styles to our own personalities and
> representations to get maximal effect, any ideas
> on how to optimize this? This also fits in with
> adapting other mental tools to ourselves; we
> need a better way to 'install' them.

I've seen many attempts at generative music
synthesisers that watch facial heat patterns to
tell your mood. And some researchers have been
working on integrating brain wave readings with
similar systems. There has been several CD
collections released by them, although I can't
remember the names. No doubt some of these
technologies could be used to determine what your
likes and dislikes are so that a more personal
model of you can be built.

What I'd really like is a walkman that detects
when I'm running plays 70's cop show chase music
so I can be just like Shaft :-)

BM