Re: The End of Privacy ?

From: mark@unicorn.com
Date: Thu Jul 02 1998 - 02:39:16 MDT

Anders Sandberg [asa@nada.kth.se] wrote:
>However, the group dynamics and memetics of the Japanese
>doomsday sect should instill some caution - it would make a perfect
>study object of the kind of crazies to look out for.

And, surprise, surprise, they had all these terrible weapons and a willingness
to use them, and... almost no effect.

>Otherwise I would study terrorist groups.

Studying freedom fighters seems pointless as they only attack to retaliate
for oppression. Unless, of course, you want to become an oppressor. As
Michael pointed out in one of his messages, not oppressing people is the
easiest way to avoid attacks by freedom fighters.

    Mark