Re: Ambiguous or just uncertain

From: Ian Goddard (igoddard@netkonnect.net)
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 13:33:07 MDT

At 09:06 AM 6/3/98 -0700, John K Clark wrote:

> >Reality is reality.
>
>And fuzzy is fuzzy.

 IAN: By 100%. Fuzzy logic measures a mismatch
 between words and facts, like if I say that
 "the cup is full" but it is only 70% full,
 then there is a 30% mismatch = 30% false.

> >If the photon goes through both slits, that is 100% true.
>

>Saying the particle went through both slits is no better than any of the
>other 3 possible answers. One quality truth is supposed to have is
>immutability, yet I can change what was true. Even though the photon passed
>the barrier with the slots in it 10 years ago I can manipulate the truth
>about what happened then and I can to it right now, it all depends on how I
>set up my detecting equipment. I can make whatever you want to be "true"
>10 years ago. If you want me to make it true that a photon went through one
>slit or both slits back in 1988 just tell me which you prefer and I'll make
>it happen.

  IAN: Then that's the truth, by 100%. The photon
  is at zero time, so it's both at here/now and
  the point it was 10-years ago. That's the truth.
  I don't believe reality contains a falsehood.

VISIT IAN WILLIAMS GODDARD --------> http://Ian.Goddard.net

  "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its
 opponents and making them see the light, but rather because
  its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows
   up that is familiar with the idea from the beginning."

                 Max Plank - Nobel physicist

     "The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
       Those who deny individual rights cannot claim
         to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand