Re: Science Truth ?

From: ChuckKuecker (ckuecker@mcs.net)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 16:39:53 MDT

At 13:28 4/29/98 -0700, you wrote:

>[BTW, I doubt Creationism has no grounding as science. We will soon
>be creating life, consciousness, worlds and maybe even new
>"universes." If we have the power to do this, what are the chances
>that we are not the creation of another intelligence? (That question
>will become even more profound when our artificial universes start
>building artificial universes of their own). It's even possible an
>inferior intelligence set the algorithm running that in turn created
>us. I would even argue it's possible that we were created the other
>day (or next week) and yet we cannot know. But could we ever
>communicate with our creator? Again, it's a possibility. Of course,
>this is far from worshipping God as our one true saviour (but even
>then, I'm sure an egotistical super intelligence will create a world
>where his worship *is* the only salvation - it could be the next big
>thing in posthuman entertainment).]

Unfortunately, creationism as it is presented in America seems to be a
literal interpretation of the Old Testament, warts and all, and teaches the
Earth is 4000 years old, created with the illusion of age to 'confound the
scientists and Darwinites'...

When I become a god, I hope to be immune to such petty trifles as demanding
'worship'..I would rather encourage my creations to become my equals and
companions..

Chuck Kuecker