Re: Face crap

From: Ian Goddard (igoddard@erols.com)
Date: Fri Apr 24 1998 - 12:29:47 MDT

At 10:32 AM 4/24/98 -0400, Harvey Newstrom wrote:

>But what if the disease that so horribly eroded the Martians' faces was
>caused by the same microbes contained in the meteorites from Mars?
>Enquiring minds want to know! :-)

   IAN: Not sure how much of what you say is joke
   or not. I would say that the joke that the
   phenomena of erosion is caused by disease is
   silly to even raise as a joke, for it is known
   that erosion is caused by natural forces, so we
   need not introduce any other causes of erosion.

   The argument that the "face" is not artificial since
   it shows signs of natural erosion is not a logical
   argument, for artificial structures made out of
   natural material will erode just as well as natural
   formations will erode. The "face" has similarity
   to a face. The logical question is, if it was
   an artificial face, how would it appear after
   X years of exposure to natural erosion causing
   forces? Why is it that the intelligent people
   on the ExI list are not asking logical questions,
   but lining up to throw "crap" at these anomalies?

   I would not give the face a second thought were it not
   for the fact of the sharp liner formations around the
   base of the face and the pyramids in the area, which
   are all in and of themselves anomalous formations.
   There proximity tends to increase their "anomalimity."

   Why is it wrong to wonder? Why is it wrong to explore
   all the possibilities? Why is it right to throw crap?
   This seems more like group thinking than free inquiry.

VISIT Ian Williams Goddard ----> http://www.erols.com/igoddard

GODDARD'S METAPHYSICS --> http://www.erols.com/igoddard/meta.htm