Homeostatic routines (was Re: definitions for transhumanism)

From: PaR (par@nu-world.com)
Date: Sat Apr 11 1998 - 06:38:52 MDT

>Anders Sandberg wrote:
>We are in some sense underdefined, we can consciously set up our own
>goals and act on them, and this undermines homeostatic
>routines. Fortunately.

The human body has been observed to work in a homestatic way.
Many aspects of the human nervous system have been observed
to work in a homeostatic way. It would seem that humans are
genetically programmed to work in a homeostatic way.

I think this carries over to the pschology of human consciousness.
Human consciousness as it has evolved seems to operate in a
homeostatic way as well. Perhaps a fundamental success
principle, or a fundamental principle for the future evolution of
trans and post human consciousness will be to overcome this homeostatic
nature of consciousness.

Any thoughts, comments, questions, disagreements?

Sin,
Jason
Temporary email address: PaR@NU-World.com (new one coming soon!)