Re: Externalities (was Re: Gun census Tally: Sun, Dec.21, WAS:Re: Gun Owner/Extropian census)

From: Michael M. Butler (butler@comp*lib.org)
Date: Sun Dec 21 1997 - 14:59:42 MST

<snip>

>If this is so, then firearms are not as inexpensive as the market is
>telling us,

Possibly, depending on what distinctions are made re: terminology (a fight
I have no interest in entering with you).

>and they may not be the most practical method of ensuring
>your own personal autonomy and freedom.

This, while it is arguable, is a complete non-sequitur. The "if this is so,
then" part of your sentence suggests a sequitur for which I find no
evidence in any of the rest of your post. Are you, perhaps, throwing sand
in the bull's eyes?

--
I could argue that there is no method available that "-ensures- {emph.
mine] [one's] own personal autonomy and freedom", but I know of an approach

>Keith M. Elis
>A/K/A Hagbard (to the initiated)
>mailto:hagbard@ix.netcom.com

(NOTE: Robotlike replies to the above address will fail;
 *noncommercial* communications are welcome; kindly
 substitute a hyphen for the asterisk in the above address.
 Sorry for any inconvenience.)