Re: Singularity: The Weird Future? (fwd)

From: Raiford C. Dudley Jr. (bookread@idt.net)
Date: Sat Sep 27 1997 - 23:06:49 MDT

Sorry for the double post. I was told part of the message is
unreadable.

This is my first post to the extropian list. I have been
lurking 2 weeks. Great list.

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Kennita Watson wrote:

> Wax writes:
> >No, it's going to be anything but weird. Where we are today, our present
> >state, is weird. In the future, when we're in control, for the first time in
> >history things will be normal. ...
> >You were born free, your imagination wondered about the infinite
> >possibilities of the universe. As you grew older you were crushed by a weird
> >reality, a reality that didn't play by your rules. ...
>
> Perhaps I've played too much D&D in my lifetime, but I haven't been able
> to think of a wish to ask of my wish machine that wouldn't backfire and
> still would handle the problem of rapists, megalomaniacs, homicidal and
> genocidal maniacs, religious fanatics, etc. (think of the wishes such people
> might make, and realize that you might not have much time to make yours,
> since you definitely don't want theirs to get implemented first).
>...snipe...

My wish would be that everyone on earth would realize that
we are all limitless beings; that we are here voluntarily to
participate in co-creation. And that each of us can create
what we want when we want.

Forever, we decide.
Ray

Raiford C. Dudley Jr., President
Dudley Accelerated Learning Systems
http://idt.net/~bookread bookread@idt.net
1-800-205-7432...The 24-hour toll-free 800 number where we
will double your reading speed and comprehension while you
are on the telephone. You too can experience "Total Recall".