Re: Bootstrapping to nanotech

From: CALYK@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 30 1997 - 12:42:00 MDT

<< Does anyone have an educated estimate as to how long it will take
 nanotech researchers to bootstrap from Drexlerian engineered protein
 machines to the first assembler? Merkle's website has a ton of stuff on
 *how* it might be done, but lacks (?) any estimates of the time frame.

 Related question: the consensus seems to be that we will have something
 between 2010 and 2020. But what will this "something" be?

 Regards,

Hagbard>>

I believe that we will have complete control of matter by the end of 2012.
 Thought induced material manifestation, in which our imagination becomes
reality. This would be paradise. McKenna's theory, which I believe also.

danny