Re: Re[2]: IRS regulations in business

From: Abraham Moses Genen (futurist@frontiernet.net)
Date: Fri Jul 25 1997 - 19:01:21 MDT

Abraham Moses Genen
Being dedicated to the future progress of humankind
should be the prime concern of all civilized beings.

----------
From: Guru George <gurugeorge@sugarland.idiscover.co.uk>
To: extropians@extropy.org
Subject: Re[2]: IRS regulations in business
Date: Friday, July 25, 1997 4:53 PM

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:34:06 -0400
"Abraham Moses Genen" <futurist@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>Leave it to say that I sincerely
>believe that all forms of laborers deserve some sort of substantive
safety
>net. This, believe, is part of our social contract.

In the abstract, of course you are right. Where I would disagree with
you is that your legislative activities pre-empt, and destroy the
possibility of, people building their own safety nets together, and
building a real sense of communal solidarity, with the money they would
have had if you hadn't appropriated it from them in taxes. Not to
mention the fact that self-help builds self-esteem and the confidence to
challenge abuse.

Have you ever heard the story of the broken window, BTW?

Dear Guru George and other fellow Extropians:

Actually, I have never heard the story of the broken window. Please
enlighten me.

Your thesis about self-actualizing safety nets is interesting and may even
be valid to some extent. What concerns me, however, are all the people who
lack the knowledge, skills and abilities to self-actualize themselves. The
increase each year in the number of individual bankruptcys speaks for
itself.

Don't we have an obligation to help each other?

Enjoy!!!

AMG