Re[2]: Becoming Educated

From: Guru George (gurugeorge@sugarland.idiscover.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 15 1997 - 13:16:58 MDT

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 15:00:35 -0400 (EDT)
CALYK@aol.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I recommend anything by Terrence Mckenna.
>here's his website:
>deoxy.org/mckenna.htm

Second that. He's an odd one, and no mistake, but I don't think the
economical-with-their-attention would regret having read him. 90% of
what he suggests is probably wrong, but the 10% that's right, if right, is,
I reckon, some really weird shit that's right! I particularly think his
theory about the evolution of human intelligence (actually, I would
rather say human culture - psychedelics are a great way of shaking up the
old memes) being linked to the use of psychedelic drugs has the ring of
truth (see 'Food of the Gods').

Guru George