Re: Imagination vs. Critical Thought ( was: Sensitive issues)

From: QueeneMUSE@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 19 1997 - 10:58:38 MDT

> Of course there isn't so
> much social approval of a defensive pride in ignorance of the
> humanities, the way people can shrug off not having a mathematical or
> scientific clue in most circles.

This is a very true and sad point. At the end of my post, which apparently i
must apologize agian for,( it should be obvious I did not mean YOU, Damien,
were one who ignored or berated useless imagination as valueless( shit you
have a poem at every turn).

At the end of that same post, I isted Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted World, and
two books on creative thought... in it Sagan laments the layman's disjointed
relationship to science...
It is sad...