The Hungry Ape (URL)

From: Damien Broderick (damien@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jun 16 1997 - 06:04:22 MDT

Another diffident, although not ironic, pointer: Dr Jim Penman's THE
HUNGRY APE, ideas from which I borrowed in THEORY to calibrate my own
heuristic (defined as a stick for poking into dark places) is available on
the Web at

http://www.hungryape.com/content.html

My own weirdness indicators started flashing when I learned, elsewhere,
that Penman is an evangelical Christian who believes that God intervenes on
your behalf if you pray. On the other hand, he's a self-made millionaire
with a franchise business, so maybe he's right about God's help. : # And
on the other other hand, he claims that his historical models are derived
from refutable aggregations of data and theory.

Damien Broderick (of the atheist Brodericks)