Re: Replicant EThics and the Free Market

From: RavnStCrow@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 26 1997 - 13:09:29 MST

On of the things that has NOT come up at all about cloning yoruself (
everyone is being very pragmatic and clinical) is how we will REACT to
seeingour own DNA as a child, or all grown up and walking around.
It is easy to talk of growing clones to extend our lifespan ( as if they were
radishes) but parents have been known to throw themselves in front of trains
to save their children, who carry *similar* DNA.. do you suppose you might
feel a bit of this kind of altruism and protective instinct, seeing your own
DNA, born ( I assume a clone must have surrogate mothering- imagine if you
were it's mother, or your mate had carried it to term) and raised?
Would we take pride, watching it growing up and thriving?