Re: Human Animals(was Vegetarianism and Ethics)

From: Chris Hind (chind@juno.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 1996 - 01:50:01 MST

> During slavery in this country it was not uncommon for free blacks
>to be captured and sold into slavery. They could protest but no one
>would believe them. I could be taken off the street and lobotomized.
>I would not even be able to protest, much less be believed.

That is why we should alter the genes to genengineer a perfect slave or
perfect human cattle just as farmers breed animals but we'd be doing it the
quickie genengineered way and this would enable you to tell the difference
between a normal human and a genengineered drone.

> By delegating a part of humanity to farming or slavery we remove
>them from the intellectual mainstream. A potential scientific genius
>could be born and never contribute to the word in any way except
>through his meat or his labor. This is part of the reason why I think
>decent education for everyone is the way to maximize progress.

Again, if you rip out the genes for higher intelligence you won't have this
problem.