RE: Beyond The Beyond

From: Steve Pruitt (stevep@parcplace.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 1996 - 16:38:10 MST

>great idea! the time frame for somthing like this is probably a couple, or
so, years out.
>it always takes time for the appropriate tech to filter down to the end
users, but that is
>good. it gives us time.

I disagree. The timeframe, depending on individual involvement, is
something more around a year. And the appropriate technologies are
currently available. Most of these technologies *are* considered bleeding
edge, but that should really be an incentive more than anything. IF we were
the first people to successfully mature and develop these technologies, it
would not only generate a lot of media coverage, but it could be very
profitable as well. It would be extremely likely that other companies would
want us to use our techniques and technologies to develop worlds for them.
This is the way things usually work in the Valley, at least.

i was thinking about the average PC in the average household having the capability. sure, early adopters
could hop on this quickly.

sp