Give Thanks

From: John Blanco-Losada (jbl@clark.net)
Date: Thu Nov 28 1996 - 08:14:58 MST

All -

Today is Thanksgiving here in the US, and I thought I'd share a poem which popped into my head last night. It's my first "published" work, so please be gentle and enjoy.

JBL

Give thanks every day
for the knowledge that, come what may,
youšll have at least one more chance
to take a few steps in lifešs
intricate dance.

Give thanks as you watch the sun rise,
and rub the sleep out of your eyes.
Today is a chance to get your bearing,
and do some reflection on how your life
is faring.

Give thanks for just being alive;
sow your seeds and watch them thrive.
Today is a chance to assess your goals,
and summon the will to pay
the tolls.

Give thanks for your head, your heart, and your muscle;
use them to advance through lifešs hussle.
Today is a chance to strengthen them all,
and hone the skills needed
to heed your lifešs call.

Give thanks for your friends along the way,
whošve given support and known just what to say.
Today is a chance to return the favor,
and enhance understanding
for both sides to savor.

Give thanks for all this, and for all that you are;
tomorrow youšll look back from afar.
But today is a chance to do so much more,
than all the other
days before.

 John Blanco-Losada "You must be the change
 jbl@clark.net you wish to see
 http://www.clark.net/pub/jbl/jbl.html in the world." - M. Gandhi