Re: Dynamic Optimism

From: David D. (mars@bga.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 1996 - 00:55:36 MST

J. D. wrote:

> I am even optimistic that Extropians and Libertarians will
> eventually see that the anti-conspiracy meme is a powerful pro-state meme
> and stop clinging to it!
>
> Now that is really optimistic!

Pynchon's third proverb for paranoids --
If they can get you asking the wrong questions they don't have to worry
about the answers.

BTW - Isn't dynamic optimism only a bone thrown to the starving dogs? It
seems to be that the dynamically optimistic are often poor and the
wealthy are never dynamically optimistic...