Re: Emotions "vestigial"? was Re: On being Extropian

From: QueeneMUSE@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 22 1996 - 00:10:58 MDT

I wrote,

>In the future<snip> rather than abolishing emotion,
or lessening it, our "emotional landscapes" will
>become more rewarding, more rich, more refined

Chris Replies:
>>I suppose that without emotion we would have no ambition to create new
ideas.

Perhaps not. "I feel, therefore I move?" Don't forget,
in *fiction* the android artificial intelligence,
painfully living in a loveless, emotionally blind state,
is always searching for emotion... if they FEEL
something, laugh, love, cry, get angry ..whatever...
they pass the true test of being sentient....