Which innovation will come first?

From: Chris Hind (chind@juno.com)
Date: Sat Oct 19 1996 - 16:59:52 MDT

I have thought that two innovations are due for a breakthrough. As trends
go, just as physics was nearing a complete theory quantum mechanics came on
the scene. So if the same follows, we create either a AI algorithm that
solves major problems and adds a huge step in development towards truely
convincing AI or we will create a new small component which would be a mini
processor much like the transister when it came along. Do which do you think
it will be first?