Re: The Poor Masses

From: paul_tweedy@polk.com
Date: Wed Oct 16 1996 - 15:03:27 MDT

     John Clark wrote:

>Only about 6 or 7 percent of the people on this planet have what you or I
>would consider an acceptable standard of living, at most one in a thousand
>lives in a way we would envy, most people live in appalling poverty.

You must have an extremely high standard of living. About 42% of the people on
this planet have an acceptable standard of living. About one in a hundred of
them have a lifestyle we would envy. Most people do live in poverty, but less
(percentage-wise) of them do every year. This is mainly due to the extropian
power of the human mind to develop new technologies which do more with less.

Pablo Aduren