RE: Pet Peeve #26b

From: Lee Corbin (lcorbin@tsoft.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 18:02:18 MDT

Spike writes

> > Know ye all posters: "It's" MEANS ONLY "it is".

> Lee, I suggest the online community lead the way in
> leaving out apostrophes.

Oh, well. Okay. Okay. Anything to suppress this bad usage
of the apostrophe! I'm so tired of seeing it. No apostrophe
at all is better than its incorrect usage.

But then you go on

> As in Orwells classic 1984, language should be
> simplified as it approaches perfection. Those marks
> can be omitted without much loss meaning. So put em
> in only when the sentence is hard to understand without em.

Today, the apostrophe goes. Next it will be commas. then
will go our beloved capital letters next punctuation
entirely goes then so will speling corectli who needsit
anywyand finaly wecanhavtrueun redabel bablespeek Lee