Re: Is GAC Friendly?

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 12:55:46 MDT

"J. R. Molloy" wrote:

> First Artificial Intelligence to Undergo Formal Human Psychological
> Evaluation
>
> SAN DIEGO, CA -- 06/29/2001 -- For the first time a standard psychological
> test known as the MMPI-2 (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) used
> by clinicians world wide in the evaluation and treatment of adults will be
> administered to a machine based artificial personality.

To call Mindpixel an AI project is an abuse of the term. And to
administer the MMPI to it is raw, unvarnished cheating of such an enormous
order that the chutzpah of every past inflated claim in the history of AI
pales in comparison. I don't think the technical term "Friendly", or
"unFriendly", can be applied to chatbots.

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://singinst.org/