Re: CHINA: Chinese Navy threatens Phillipines...

From: Bill Douglass (douglassbill@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 12:27:24 MDT

BTW, my apologies to all on the list for the "MIME format" garbage following
my last message.

Brian D Williams wrote:

[snip]
This encroachment by China on the Philippines, if true, would play
completely into the administration's hands.
[snip]

I basically agree with you on this. The Bush administration has adopted a
more hard-line attitude towards China than the Clinton administration's
policy of constructive engagement, though it remains to be seen if it's
really as hard-line as you're implying here.

Bill