gina nanogirl miller update

From: Spike Jones (spike66@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 22:17:45 MDT

Extropians, for all those who signed Gina's card or wrote notes at
Extro5, heres the update. I just heard back from her husband Jim Lewis
to confirm her Chowchilla address before I send the care package.
He just got back from visiting her down here in Taxifornia. Shes
been moved over to the main facility.

 For those who dont know Gina or why we are collecting notes
 for her, heres the Cliff's notes version:

 Chemicals ingested, car driven, horrifying accident, fiance perished,
 2 year invitation to the state pen issued.

 I searched the Hallmark store for an appropriate card to accompany
 the E5 notes, but they are curiously lacking in products appropriate
for
 this type of situation. There is no section in Hallmark for
 Thinking of you during your incarceration.

 But I found one that I think will work. It is actually a
 Get Well Soon card, but I crossed out Well and wrote Free.
 I think she will like it because it pictures a right handsome
 Irish Setter, and Gina likes big dogs.

 I also purchased a roll of yellow ribbon, which I will cut up
 and attach a piece to each note.

 So the plan is this: I shall send your notes and the card in a
 single big envelope. We have about 30 of them but we can do better.
 If you want to send Gina a word of encouragement and didnt
 sign the card at E5, or even if you did and want to say something
 else, go ahead and post them to me offlist, and I will print them out
 and add them to the package. Even if it is only one line. And
 riiiiight nooooow would be a good time to write that, while you
 are thinking about it. If you do, do so quickety quick,
 because I want to get this package off in the next couple days.
 This is your chance to do something that will make this young lady
 very happy in this trying time.

 The religious among her many friends and fans are praying,
 and the rest of us are eagerly anticipating for her safe return.

  spike

 spike66@attglobal.net