RE: sim general

From: Harvey Newstrom (mail@HarveyNewstrom.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 12:32:26 MDT

Spike Jones wrote,
> Mike Lorrey wrote:
>
> > Just as Generals always prepare for the last war and not the next war,
> > people are always most protective of the last persecuted group, not the
> > next or the current persecuted group
>
> Mike if you could see some of the computer sims the generals
> have running today it would blow your mind. Those guys are
> thinking 10 years out, 20 years, 50. They are modelling nanotech-
> based conflicts, and it would not surprise me a bit to learn they
> are struggling with a concept very close to what we call the
> singularity. They grok. spike

I must agree with this assessment. From my own experience, the military is
far beyond what most people even speculate. They have had highly funded
secret programs working on some technologies for decades before they even
appeared as speculation in the public sector.

--
Harvey Newstrom <http://HarveyNewstrom.com> <http://Newstaff.com>