Re: The meaning of philosophy and the lawn chair

From: Mike Lorrey (mlorrey@datamann.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 09:35:07 MDT

> Hal wrote:
> > This is not a battle. It needs to be a dialog, a conversation, in which
> > issues are raised openly and discussed in a constructive way. Only in
> > this way can we find our way to the unimaginable future without falling
> > into a conflict that tears the world apart.
> >
> > So I would encourage people to try to stop thinking in terms of enemies
> > and conflict, propaganda and debate. Let us be open rather than closed,
> > flexible rather than dogmatic. We want to add one more voice to be heard,
> > not to suppress others from having their voice heard as well.

Hal doesn't seem to be fully informed. It is a battle already. It is
currently in a well developed and mature Level I Low Intensity Combat:
there is sabotage of technology facilities with terrorist groups taking
credit, and they are being sheltered and financed by a worldwide
advocacy network that can marshal thousands for any protest it seeks to
hold anywhere. They camouflage their hostility with comic tactics:
dressing up as shrimp, frogs, and ears of corn, not as a means of
communication, but of obfuscating their ferocity to the malleable
middle, acting as wolves in sheeps clothing. The head of PETA USA has
already stated he is going to bring foot and mouth disease to the US to
force the genocide of domesticated animals across the nation. The
opposition knowingly lies, creating disinformation in large quantities
that cant even stand up to the honest scrutiny of opposition scientists
(which is why so many of the founders of Greenpeace are now publicly
disowning the movement).