re: sim general

From: John M Grigg (starman125@lycos.com)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 15:44:26 MDT

Spike wrote:
I can assure you, there are no dummies with that
much brass on the shoulder, or if so I sure have never encountered
one. Having a clear vision of the future is a key factor in trading the eagles for stars.

Mike if you could see some of the computer sims the generals
have running today it would blow your mind. Those guys are
thinking 10 years out, 20 years, 50. They are modelling nanotech-
based conflicts, and it would not surprise me a bit to learn they
are struggling with a concept very close to what we call the
singularity. They grok. spike
(end)

Spike, what you say is very reassuring! Considering the military realizes they don't have TRULY unlimited funds(for every single weapons system on their list for Santa Congress) I can see why they would want to focus their resources where it would pack the most punch.

Also, we must realize other not always friendly nations out there are attempting to grok the future and in doing so prepare for it. Can we turn former enemies into friends before singularity tech spreads us among the stars with our old prejudices intact?

I am very curious to see if over the next fifty years we can hold our presently very strong lead in technology and overwhelming power projection. I hope so considering I'm a citizen of this mighty neo-colonial empire!

I'd like to think we really are an example of goodness combined with strength which the world can look up to but that is another discussion...

best wishes,

John

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!