Re: Political views?

From: Amara Graps (Amara.Graps@mpi-hd.mpg.de)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 10:14:34 MDT

From: Robert J. Bradbury (bradbury@aeiveos.com)
>I'm sorry but I have to object to this statement.

>First of all, Amara doesn't hug the stars, she simple loves them
>because they provide nourishing energy to the dust she cherishes so
>much.

Indeed. Stars are our friends.

>No stars, no radiation from dust,

Ahhh.. but radiation pressure force is a hundred times smaller than
Lorentz force for those nanometer-sized particles. Even with that,
those stars eventually eat (yumm) those dust particles (due to
radiation pressure force) in a few tens/hundreds of thousands of
years.

>nothing for Amara to study.

The Universe is sufficiently vast that I would always find
something to hold my attention ...

>Now, with regard to her being an anarcho-physicist. That
>bears some close inspection.

Cool!

>Since physicists "love" laws

rather they like testing hypotheses ...

>and "anarchists" don't, I do not believe you can put these
>in the same phrase without generating inherent contradictions.

Have you ever noticed that inherently contradictory statements
such as:

"War is Peace"
"Particles are Waves"
"Energy is Mass"

first invokes a "Huh" ??
then induces a "Wait a minute, that can't be right!"
and then a long thinking process follows ...?

I like playing with words because it's fun, and because it pokes my
brain. And sometimes other people's brains are poked in the process
too. :-)

Amara

Amara Graps                |   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Kernphysik
Interplanetary Dust Group  |   Saupfercheckweg 1
+49-6221-516-543           |   69117 Heidelberg, GERMANY
Amara.Graps@mpi-hd.mpg.de  *   http://galileo.mpi-hd.mpg.de/~graps
      "Never fight an inanimate object." - P. J. O'Rourke