DSL (was Re: HTML)

From: Brian D Williams (talon57@well.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 08:07:11 MDT

>From: Eugene Leitl <Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>

>I don't have a phone up either: my ISP is also doing the
>telephony. DSL seems to be cursed worldwide. First you wait, then
>you try to get your line debugged, and then the provider gets out
>of business.

The only curse on DSL is that imposed by government regulators.

>I'm thinking about initiating a grassroot (wireless, fiber,
>copper) Ethernet to the home project in the local community.

If the regulators hadn't intervened, U.S residents would already
have fiber.

Brian

Member:
Extropy Institute, www.extropy.org
Adler Planetarium www.adlerplanetarium.org
Life Extension Foundation, www.lef.org
National Rifle Association, www.nra.org, 1.800.672.3888
Ameritech Data Center Chicago, IL, Local 134 I.B.E.W