Re: Political views?

From: Spike Jones (spike66@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 21:56:25 MDT

Joe Dees wrote:

> Unfortunately, voter bribery by politicians (as in campaign promises of tax cuts) is not illegal,

Promising a tax cut is bribery? But its *our* money,
not the government's money.

I fear we may have seen the last major tax cut before the
singularity, for in just 10 years, the baby boomer population
begins to become creditors of the government by becoming
eligible for Social Security. Those masses will then not be
the least bit motiviated by tax cuts. Indeed they would logically
oppose them, for they will want to continue to collect their
money from the still-working masses. spike