Re: Political views?

From: Spike Jones (spike66@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 21:46:56 MDT

Harvey Newstrom wrote:

> Spike Jones wrote,
> > Libertarian, but still carrying some heavy Republican baggage.
> >
> Wonderful description, Spike! I am the opposite: ... I come from a Liberal
>
> background and can slip back into it when I'm not thinking.

Right on, Harvey. Libertarians who arrived from the left are different
from those who arrived from the right. I want to explore that in
the coming weeks. As for slipping back, when awakened in the
night by an earthquake, for several seconds I am disoriented
enough to feel like a christian and republican. Of course this
requires a very large, terrifying quake.

My efforts to jet the republican baggage took a double setback.
The person who introduced me to libertarianism recently apostatized
back to the far right, damn him. Secondly, this last U.S. presidential
election, I am convinced that the second place finisher of that struggle,
{whose name escapes me at the moment} cheated even more than
the winner of that contest {whose name escapes me at the moment}.
However libertarianism won as much as libertarianism ever does this
time, for the total power of the U.S. presidency will be reduced.

> (By the way, thanks for the hospitality after the Extro-5 conference! I
> remember most of it.)

You are most welcome Harvey. Im extremely pleased to have met
you, and I had a blast Sunday night, with the maniacal laughter
contest. I *gotta* show that tape we made at the next Extro-schmooze.

Contest winners:

Eliezer, best maniacal laughter.

Burch: best deep-down eeeeevil laugh

Anders: best mad scientist impersonation (this one is a hoot, and its on the
tape.)

Mike Lorrey: maniacal laugh that sounds most like his *normal* laugh