Re: HTML

From: Linda B (taxlady@iglide.net)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 06:02:33 MDT

On 19 Jun 2001, at 11:04, Eugene Leitl wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Fred C. Moulton wrote:
>
> > Mail clients which can display HTML with display the HTML [...]
>
> Right, and there's no way to dissuade them from displaying HTML other than
> by dumping them. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of an open source solution
> for high-volume permanent mail (I've got several GBytes of mail sitting as
> gzipped mboxes on diverse drives and partitions), and I'm too dumb/swamped
> with too much work to write my own.

In Pegasus Mail, it's an option. The message showed up with a little triangle
next to it. That tells me it's a "multi-part mime" message. With my default
settings, it just opens as plain test. I can hold down the alt key while
opening it and get the option to view it as plain text or as HTML.

> I'm working on revamping my computer environment (less a money than a time
> and hassle problem), but meanwhile I'm stuck with buggy, crash-prone
> browsers for MUAs, at least until the end of this month (until I've moved,
> and my DSL is being debugged -- it's almost two weeks since the modem has
> been delivered and the line installed, but it still is blinking WAN
> error).
>
> So: sorry, but if you write me in HTML you land in high-noise folder.

Ciao,
Linda B

*****
Proud user of free Pegasus Mail. Never tried it? Go to
http://www.pmail.com/ and give it a whirl.
*****