supergoals

From: Smigrodzki, Rafal (SmigrodzkiR@MSX.UPMC.EDU)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 01:06:16 MDT

Lee Corbin wrote:

>I submit for a supergoal: "The complete utilization of
>as much matter as possible in the universe as thinking,
>experiencing, and enjoying."

I really like it. It's so soaring that it encompasses all the goodness
imaginable. I think I might have to reinterpret my three "supergoals" as
mere sub-memes of this grand scheme. The only objection I have is that it
makes no distinction between good and evil. There is thinking that is dark,
and roiling, experiencing that is horrible and enjoyment that is cruel.

How about "The complete utilization of
as much matter as possible in the universe as thinking,
experiencing goodness, and enjoying, nicely." ;-)

Rafal Smigrodzki MD-PhD
Dept Neurology University of Pittsburgh
smigrodzkir@msx.upmc.edu