Re: Godhood vs Children

From: Eugene Leitl (Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 03:39:39 MDT

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Some also worry that we are in an all-fired hurry to make god-sized
> versions of these pretty flawed egos that most of us think of as

This assumes a single "perfectness" metric. One man's flaw is another
woman's virtue.

> ourselves. Without transformation of the self that looks like an at
> best ambiguous goal.

Sure, but what do you think will happen? Provided, we don't
self-terminate, we'll go on just as before. The possibilities will be
wider, but there's still will be trailer trash, albeit of the space
variety.

And of course there will be conflict, strife and death. The solar system
is a large place, both in terms of resources and distances. It will breed
new pockets of diversity in no time.

-- Eugen* Leitl
ICBMTO : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204