Re: Quantum Jumpers

From: BigBooster (fm1@amug.org)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 23:42:44 MDT

Some words can be used in a broad/general/colloquial sense,
as well as a narrow scientific sense.

<http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary>:
Main Entry: 1quan·tum
Pronunciation: 'kwän-t&m
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural quan·ta /'kwän-t&/
Etymology: Latin, neuter of quantus how much
Date: 1567
1 a : QUANTITY, AMOUNT b : PORTION, PART c : gross quantity : BULK
2 a : any of the very small increments or parcels into which many forms of
energy are subdivided b : any of the small subdivisions of a quantized
physical magnitude (as magnetic moment)

To subscribe to the Quantum Jumpers List, send a blank
email to <quantum_jumpers-subscribe@topica.com>, or
join at <http://www.topica.com/lists/quantum_jumpers>.

Frederick Mann