Abortion Ship Sails

From: J Corbally (icorb@indigo.ie)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 16:01:33 MDT

> >Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 02:10:59 -0000
> >From: "zeb haradon" <zebharadon@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: Abortion Ship Sails
> > >From: "S.J. Van Sickle" <sjvan@csd.uwm.edu>
> > >To: extropians@extropy.org
> > >Subject: Abortion Ship Sails
> > >Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:11:49 -0500 (CDT)
> > >

> > >http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,26319,00.html
> > >

> > >There has been some talk on this list of conducting cryonic
> suspensions in
> > >international waters. It will be interesting to see how this venture
> > >fairs....
> > >
> > >steve
> > >
> > From the article:
> >Mildred Fox, an independent Member of Parliament, said
> >Gomperts should be arrested if she breaks Irish law.
> >"You have to ask what's next?" she said. "Can we have a
> >ship from The Netherlands selling drugs 12 miles
> >offshore or carrying out euthanasia?"
> >
> >These are all great ideas. Why don't more people think like this?

I wonder what kind of risk level you would encounter with suspensions on
the high seas. How would it compare with land-based threats ie.
earthquakes, civil unrest etc. compared to tsunamis, piracy etc.

Perhaps if the Freedom Ship has some space going cheap...

James...

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and
crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures
to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-Q, Star Trek:TNG episode 'Q Who'