Re: Extropy a cult -- NOT

From: J Corbally (icorb@indigo.ie)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 16:15:44 MDT

>- --- John Clark <jonkc@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> > Ben Goertzel <ben@goertzel.org> Wrote:
> >
> > > Extropy is just plain NOT a cult. .
> >
> > Of course it's not a cult brother, those who say it is are devils! We must
> > be watchful of outsiders,we must root out those who think we're a cult
> > and drive them from us! We must rid ourselves of such evil thoughts!
> > I want you all to stand up now, I want you to place your hands on your
> > computer, can you feel it? Can you feel it my brothers and sisters?
> > Can you feel the positive energy radiating from the institute? Now I
> > want you to say out loud "The Extropian Institute is not a cult"!
> > Say it like you mean it , say it so Drexler himself, praise be his name,
> > can hear you!
> > THE EXTROPIAN INSTITUTE IS NOT A CULT!
> > Now I want you to repeate our central commandment
> > "I will always think for myself!"
> > Again!
> > "I will always think for myself!"
> > Again!
> > "I will always think for myself!"
> >
> > John K Clark jonkc@att.net
"Four legs good, two legs baaaad!"
"Four legs good, two legs baaaad!"

:)

James...

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and
crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures
to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-Q, Star Trek:TNG episode 'Q Who'