Re: vegetarianism and transhumanism

From: Zero Powers (zero_powers@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 07:38:59 MDT

>From: Samantha Atkins <samantha@objectent.com>

> > We
> >
> > > have invented technologies that let us sustain ourselves at
> > > full
> > > health without lowering ourselves to eating other creatures.

Is eating other creatures really that bad of a thing? I know that there
could be much more humane ways of doing it than raising a calf to be trapped
in a cage for its whole life before being killed by a blow to the head. But
that aside, most creatures that we eat were made to be eaten. Its called
the food chain. If we don't eat them other predators will.

-Zero

Life is good. Refuse to die.