Re: Norman Spinrad on THE SPIKE

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 01:06:39 MDT

Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de wrote:

> Al Billings wrote:
>
> > Strange. I found his criticisms spot on. People are in denial here if
> > they don't see that Extropian looks rather odd, cult like and even new
>
> It would be rather odd, if we wouldn't appear odd.
>
> > agey to outsiders. There's a lot of groupthink that goes on here.
>
> Maybe we should add some crystal cult, an animatronic goat (eyes
> red blinking LEDs), and some chanting in moonlit meadows, for
> the extra effect.

You can store an awful lot of data in some of those crystals.
And we should really get on with borgifying ourselves. Why,
most of us still look like everyone else and have no more
constant Net presence or continous augmentation than your
average nerd. The Collective awaits. And of course chanting in
moonlit meadows sounds like good clean fun and might actually
give us some physical body exercise without enduring the harsh
light of day most of us shun. :-)

- samantha