Re: uploading and the survival hang-up

From: Lee Corbin (lcorbin@ricochet.net)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 22:58:59 MDT

"Chris Ledwith" <chris.ledwith@gte.net> wrote:

>In other words, SO WHAT if it's NOT you; it IS you -- this
>is something our minds have trouble accepting since there's
>no precedent for such thinking.

CONGRATULATIONS! Almost all people (and even some on this
list!) cannot grasp this. Of course, your first statement was
wrong "SO WHAT if it's NOT you;" ---- but I know what you mean.

>I've been thinking about the subject of uploading, and the
>reluctance of many on this list to destroy themselves after
>the superior copy is made.

Here is the reason: why **should** you kill yourself in one
place just because you happen to be also in another place?
Is there some God-given rule that you "should" only
be in one place? Hell, I say: enjoy them both!

Lee Corbin