Re: Nuke Weapon Mishaps--was Re: Bill Joy on the CBS evening news

From: John Marlow (johnmarrek@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 03:33:53 MST

Yah; same thing; different way of saying it.

john marlow

--
J. R. Molloy wrote:
> I quite agree that nuclear weapons are an easier
problem than biological
> or nanotech weapons.  The orginal poster said that
if "the consequences
of
> failure" of nuclear weapons were the same as
nanotech, we would all be
> dead.  Not so, it is the nature of the technology,
not the possible
> consequences, that determine the ease of control.  I
believe we are in
> violent agreement.
>
> steve
By "the consequences of failure" one means to say that
control has failed.
Consequently, since we've failed to control nuclear
weapons (Hiroshima,
Nagasaki), identical levels of failure in regard to
nanotech or biotech
warfare would kill us all, since these latter
technologies have such
killing power.
Stay hungry,
--J. R.