Here are some gene therapy delivery methods.
viruses and viral gene therapy
magnetofection and magnetic nanoparticles
- magnetic calcium phosphate nano-formulations
- super paramagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPIONS)
- carbon nanotuubes
- magnetic nanoparticles (see also magnetofection)
- calcium phosphate nanoparticles
- gold nanoparticles
- quantum dots
- C60 fullerenes
- silica nanoparticles
polyplexes (DNA + plastic)
- polyion complex micelles (PICs)
- dioleylpropyl trimethylammonium chloride (DOTMA)
- dioleoyl trimethylammonium propane (DOTAP)
solid lipid nanoparticles
Ligandal's nano-gobstopper method
conjugation of PEI for DNA binding, histone tail peptide for nuclear localization, poly-glutamic acid, glutamic acid for stabilization and charge balancing or whatever, then you stick DNA to it, and silica coat the whole thing, then add even more cell-targeting stuff to the outside.
- poly lactic-co-glycolic acid (PLGA)-based nanoparticles
- hybrid nanoparticles such as liposome-polycation-DNA (LPD) nanoparticles
See http://gnusha.org/logs/2017-01-09.log for some preliminary stuff.